Monday, March 19, 2012

Playlist for "The Walking Dead"

At times, season two of AMC's "The Walking Dead" was ridiculously awesome, with zombie hordes, moral dilemmas, and blood and guts flying everywhere. Other times, not so much (I'm looking at you Lori and Carl). But overall I quite enjoyed it, and I can't wait for season three.

The songs I've selected for this playlist either were used on the show itself, or reflect the moody atmosphere of the show and of the zombie genre. Unlike how I normally construct playlists for things like shows and books (where specific characters and events are assigned particular songs that evolve thematically as the story does), this playlist is a bit looser because I'm aiming for a particular mood rather than a musical narrative.

Anyway, enough rambling. I've included some notes about the songs, so without further ado:

Civilian - Wye Oak*

Dustbowl Dance - Mumford & Sons

Youngstown [Live] - Bruce Springsteen**

The Regulator - Clutch*

Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys

American Jesus - Bad Religion

The Wanderer - U2 Feat. Johnny Cash

Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars

The Wind - Billy Bob Thornton

O Death - Ralph Stanley

Run Run Run - The Velvet Underground

Howlin' For You - The Black Keys

Happiness Is A Warm Gun - The Beatles

Battle Of Jericho - Hugh Laurie

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

Wake Up Dead Man - U2

My My Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue) - Neil Young

Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright

*Used on the show itself
**The live version I use is from the Live In New York City concert album

No comments:

Post a Comment