Friday, October 1, 2010

Rick Sanchez Is Not Smart

I cannot believe I once thought Rick Sanchez was a good journalist. I am embarrassed to admit I actually thought he was doing a good job as a reporter for CNN. Fortunately I have seen the errors of my ways and now realize just how terrible Rick Sanchez was.

Where to begin? Well, there is pretty much everything he has ever done for CNN. He spent half his show reading tweets from his followers. Why is that a problem? Reading peoples' tweets is not news. I could  care less about someone's opinion that is written in 140 characters or less. I could really care less about someone's opinion especially when it is on something they have no idea about or are not well informed about, such as a breaking news event.

Rick Sanchez's brilliance also extends to his utter lack of intelligence. Remember that Icelandic volcano that caused a lot of travel problems during the summer? Rick Sanchez was blown away by the fact that Iceland has a volcano. His logic was as follows: Iceland is cold, volcanoes are hot, therefore Iceland should not have volcanoes.

And then of course there is that radio interview that got him fired. Apparently Jon Stewart is a bigot and the Jews control the media, including CNN. Sometimes I think Rick Sanchez has no idea what he is saying. First of all, Jon Stewart is the best news anchor on television. If you have been watching The Daily Show for the past year, you know just how informed Jon Stewart is. And if you have not been watching, you should be.

Nor is Stewart "prejudicial," as Sanchez also labeled him. Stewart has been critical of both Democrats and Republicans, CNN, FOX News and MSNBC. And I do not think I need to discuss Sanchez's comments about Jews in the media or sarcastically calling them an oppressed minority. It is pretty self-evident Sanchez is the bigot here.

Until next time, Orange Hat Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment